Rosemount, MN Bay & Bay Transportation – Simulator Driver Training Instructor Needed!
At Bay and Bay Transportation, we strive to provide meaningful opportunities filled with professional growth and success to attract, retain, and develop great employees. We aim to give our employees every opportunity to become the best in their field. It’s how we have become one of the leading trucking and transportation companies in Eagan, Rosemount, MN and throughout the Midwest.
In an ongoing effort to continually train our truck drivers to be more efficient and safer while out on the road, Bay & Bay Transportation is now hiring a Simulator Driver Training Instructor.
Position: Simulator Driver Training Instructor
Location: Rosemount, MN
Benefits: Medical and dental insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, 401(k) and ROTH 401(k), company-paid Life Insurance, company-paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability Insurance.
The purpose of the Simulator Driver Training Instructor is to plan, schedule, and coordinate the simulator training activities. The person in this role will be responsible to maintain an adequate level of staffing for all training efforts (new hire orientation, remedial training, seasonal training, etc.) and to coach, provide constructive and timely feedback to training team and drivers.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Schedule and plan all simulator driver training activities (new hire, remedial, seasonal training, etc.).
- Develop and organize training manuals, visual aids, simulation training materials and other educational materials.
- Organize and coordinate all testing and evaluation procedures to ensure new drivers and current drivers meet passing/acceptable driving standards.
- Communicate and ensure all policies and procedures associated with driver training are in accordance with company and DOT standards, policies, rules and regulations.
- Provide updates to safety management team on drivers who successful complete driver training as part of the remedial training process and new driver road test process.
- Evaluate training team member performance and the effectiveness of training programs, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Troubleshoot any issues with Simulator and equipment, and schedule routine maintenance as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment for training team and trainees.
- Two or four year technical diploma desirable or a combination of education, instructor and management experience (courses taken in ‘leadership’, ‘conflict resolution’, ‘communication skills’ desirable).
- Two years or more of instructor experience required (driver training or professional technical training).
- Previous experience as a Class A CDL driver helpful.
- Knowledge of adult learning methods and techniques to ensure learning transfer.
- Prior management or supervisor experience.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to grasp and learn new technology.
- Strong knowledge in DOT rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with power and trailer units.
- Energetic and positive attitude toward trainees and team.
- Organized, motivated, patient, and resilient in managing training team’s activities.
- Strong communication skills to support effective discussions with training team, trainees, and leadership staff.
- Ability to identify problems, establish ownership/responsibility and resolve conflicts quickly.
- “Change friendly” attitude. Willing to try new ideas, methods or work with new equipment while maintaining a focus on adhering to company safety standards and procedures.
- Focused on creating a positive work environment for all drivers and trainees. Uphold positive outlook in the face of challenges.
- Ability to provide constructive and timely feedback to training team and drivers. Ability to coach training team and drivers.
- Ability to interview, recruit and terminate training team members as needed.
For more information about other transportation career openings at Bay & Bay Transportation, visit our Other Careers page. If you would like to work for a leading national transportation company that delivers quality service, please apply today by emailing [email protected].