There is almost nothing more important than remaining safe while truck driving for Bay and Bay Transportation, based out of Minneapolis, MN. When putting so many hours and miles behind you on the road, it may be easier than you think to forget about some of the most common tips for safe truck driving. We at Bay and Bay Transportation take the safety of our drivers very seriously, therefore we’ve prepared the following list as a nice reminder on how to keep safe while driving.
The following information can be found on the DMV website.
- Do not tailgate other drivers. From what studies have shown about accidents involving trucks, semis most often collide with the vehicle in front of it. Since semi-trucks can carry pretty heavy rigs, it takes longer to stop, which makes it imperative that Bay and Bay truck drivers keep the proper distance between their truck and the car in front of them.
- Signaling earlier is also a helpful reminder to motorists around you, since the size and weight of trucks can make sudden movements quite alarming to others around them.
- Check blind spots often and try not to change lanes too frequently. Commercial drivers should look in their mirrors every ten seconds.
- Do not push the limits when it comes to driving for long periods of time. It takes a lot of focus and effort to drive a rig and attempting to drive longer than the law permits—no longer than 11hours in one sitting—puts yourself and other people on the road at risk.
- Since it is winter, you’ll want to give yourself even more space between your truck and the vehicles around you and drive below the speed limit.
All the reminders posted above should provide some help with remaining safe while driving to the distant locations required by Bay and Bay Transportation of Minneapolis, MN. As already stated, remaining safe on the road is a top priority. If you’re looking for a transportation company that shares these values, apply to Bay and Bay Transportation. Go online and fill out your application today!